Arjan Khalsa is a passionate public speaker and musical performer. He applies his performance talents in his profession and his community. Whether he is playing electric keyboard at a community fundraiser or a speaking at an education conference, he is committed to uplifting those around him.
Mathematics Presentations. Arjan Khalsa has delivered presentations on using technology to teach mathematics, fractions and music, real world investigations in mathematics, and Conceptua Math at various national and regional conferences including:
- The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) 2008 - 2016
- The National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM) 2009 - 2016
- Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) 2015 - 2016
- Sopris West Summer Institutes 2006 - 2009
Assistive Technology Presentations. Arjan has been a leading voice for the assistive technology movement. As CEO of IntelliTools, Principal Investigator on research grants, and President of the Assistive Technology Industry Association, he was active on the speaking circuit for over ten years. Speaking appearances included:
- State level keynote speeches from 1990 – 2006 included New Jersey, Texas, Wisconsin, and Utah
- US Department of Education keynote address for state directors of special education, 1998
- Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA), 1998 – 2007
- Closing the Gap, 1989 – 2006
Ignite Speeches. Ignite Speeches are 5-minute evocative speeches that follow a specific format: 20 slides, 15 seconds per slide. Arjan has presented at Ignite events on four occasions.
Music and Math: Motion, Emotion, Devotion, and Commotion
This musical Ignite speech explores the relationship between fractions and music, and includes provocative insights into the history of musical traditions.