K-12 Business Leader
Arjan Khalsa is a leader and visionary in digital curriculum for the 21st-century classroom. Over the past 30 years, he has been a pioneer in educational technology, curriculum development, educational research, and successful entrepreneurship. He has specialized in solutions for kindergarten through eighth grade, addressing mathematics, reading, science, and special education.
Current Non-Profit Leadership Work
- Teachers2Teachers Global. Arjan Khalsa is the President of the Board of Directors for this vibrant non-profit organization that improves mathematical performance in developing countries. Arjan helps to steer the strategic direction of the company while also engaging in service delivery. He recently worked with national-level educational leaders along with local classrooms in Nepal. t2tglobal.org
- The Nora Project. The Nora Project helps elementary educators and their students learn about the value of empathy and inclusion. Their award-winning program allows students to explore disability, adaptation, and friendship in exciting and innovative ways. Arjan Khalsa serves on the Leadership Council where he contributes to growth management, strategic direction, and organizational development. thenoraproject.ngo
Prior For-Profit Business Development
- Conceptua Math. Arjan Khalsa was the co-founder and CEO of Conceptua Math and sold the company to Activate Learning in 2018. He started the company in 2009 with his close colleague, Edward Murphy, under a federal research grant and with a passion for how technology can deliver K-8 math instruction in a visual and conceptual way (patents pending). Arjan led the management team, worked directly with professional development leaders and school districts that are implementing the program, and led the business development efforts.
- IntelliTools. Arjan’s vision for how assistive technology can improve the lives of special needs students led to the creation of IntelliTools, Inc. a market leader in special education. He developed IntelliKeys®, IntelliPics®, and Classroom Suite™ along with products for IBM/LittleTykes and Houghton-Mifflin centered around the creative use of technology to support special education learners. He sold the company to Cambium Learning in 2006, bringing strong returns to IntelliTools investors and staff, and he served as a Senior Vice President for Cambium after the acquisition.
- Educational Software Review. Arjan’s entrepreneurial career began in the early 1980s when he founded Educational Software Review, Inc., and invented the LittleJack® headphone system, selling thousands to improve the use of the Apple IIe in classrooms.